The Rotor-geneTM is produced by Corbett Research, Australia.
It has the following features
- It is the worlds first centrifugal real-time DNA amplification system.
- It uses a standard 0.2mL tube format with 10 ul or 20 ul reactions volumes
and hence saves on the costs of glass capillaries, reagents and flurophore
probes. As the reaction vessel is made of plastic, there is no breakage and
loss of valuable source material unlike glass capillaries.
- It has the ability to read a wide variety of flurophores. As it has a dual
channel, multiplexing is easily achieved.
- Rapid cycling times mean that PCR can be completed within an hour.
- Made and supported by Corbett
Research an extremely reliable manufacturer with extensive
experience and history in thermal cyclers.
Below is the research that is being conducted in my laboratory, the Molecular
Microbial Biotechnology Laboratory at Griffith Universty using a Rotor-Gene.
THIS PAGE WILL BE UPDATED AND MORE INFORMATION MADE AVAILABLE AS I FIND TIME.
Send comments, errors and suggestions to
Created: 12 Nov 1999
Modified: 12 Nov 1999